Employment at Hope
MESSAGE TO APPLICANTS
Sharing the hope of Jesus with a world in need of hope.
WHO WE ARE:
With the power of the GOSPEL, the Good News of Jesus Christ, we - the people of Hope:
GATHER in worship
GROW in love
GIVE in service
GO to share the hope of Jesus with a world in need of hope
We are called by Jesus Christ to make disciples, not members. However, we do believe belonging to a community of believers that participate in Life Groups, Bible Study, Worship and owning Christ's mission is a part of the discipleship process. We encourage everyone who calls Hope their home to go through the Participating Membership Process to help you take your next step to being a fully-devoted follower of Christ. Please refer to our Membership page for FAQs and additional information on the process.
CONTACT Bev Janosky
585.723.4673 x 121
STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt, 6.5+ hours per week
REPORTS TO: Director of Preschool
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 4:00 pm October 3, 2017
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
OUR PURPOSE FOR PRESCHOOL
To offer all children of the community a caring and meaningful Christian educational setting. A place where children will have positive learning experiences during their preschool years. As a ministry of Hope Lutheran Church we look to provide the children with opportunities to learn about God’s love and grace while allowing them grow in their own unique way.
He/she will be expected to be a team player and good communicator with all teaching staff, Hope employees, ministry leaders, volunteers, and parents. The Preschool Teacher Assistant will work with the classroom Teacher to establish a classroom that is spiritually based, educationally sound, and child centered.
This staff person will be primarily accountable to the Director of Children’s Ministries with daily accountability to the classroom Teacher.
- Must have a vital relationship with God in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit and worship at Hope Church on a regular basis; participation in a Life Group is desirable.
- Must feel called (lead) to the position, have a love for children, be passionate about ministry with youth, and have a heart for reaching the lost with the gospel.
- Must have a growing relationship with Christ, a love for Scripture, and be able to communicate the truths of God's word clearly and effectively.
- Well-documented hands-on experience working with children in a school or childcare setting, must include at least one year with preschool children.
- Be especially able to relate to children through communications and teaching style while providing a calm and loving environment for the children to play and learn.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) with ministry leaders, staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Must be a self-starter, as well as a team player, with strong initiative, work ethics, and the ability to manage multiple duties.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- Must be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment that is always changing.
- Must be organized and have demonstrated time management skills.
- Minimum of high school education, but a plus for certificate/training in Early Childhood education.
GENERAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provide Christ-centered, biblically-guided leadership for children’s ministries; which supports the mission, vision and philosophy of ministry of Hope Church.
- Support the goals and objectives of the Hope’s Christian Preschool ministry.
- Be an encourager of the children in all that they do.
- Be an encourager of parents, communicating frequently and enthusiastically.
- Be an encourager of other staff and a team player.
- Is expected to be present for Morning Prayer (8:30 AM) on all assigned morning work days.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Be proactive to assist in the classroom whenever necessary in any way that promotes a smooth, stress-free day for the children.
- Offer opportunities throughout the day to share God’s love with the children.
- Help to provide a calm and loving environment for the children to learn and play.
- Help to provide an atmosphere that challenges them while allowing them to grow in their own unique way.
- Assist to maintain the safety of the room and make the Teacher aware of any safety concerns. If harm is eminent, remove/act on safety concerns immediately. This would include but is not limited to:
o Broken toys/wet floor/broken or unsafe equipment, including the playground and gym.
o Children’s behavior that could become a safety or serious discipline issue.
- Be alert to the needs and/or problems of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Share knowledge of special needs or problems of the individual children with the teacher.
- Refer all parent comments or concerns to the classroom teacher.
- Anticipate classroom problems and concerns and take steps to correct and improve the situation.
- Ensure all preschool policies are being followed daily.
- Remain current in CPR, First Aid, and child abuse detection and prevention.
- Report any case of suspected child abuse or neglect to the Child Abuse Hotline or to Director of Children’s Ministries.
- Attend all meetings and school-related events.
- If responsible for the children that are not potty trained, will follow proper preschool policies for such duties as:
o Changing diapers and/or pull ups
o Assisting children with changing clothes if necessary
- Assist Teacher with the scholastic book (usually one order per year).
- Teachers and Teacher Assistants are responsible for maintaining all procedures, lessons, crafts, and activities so that we present a consistent program for all the families.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity and hand-eye-foot coordination to perform all essential duties. Work requires sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, reaching, and balancing. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects or materials.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF MUSIC & VOCAL MUSIC COORDINATOR
STATUS: Part-time, Exempt, 12 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Director of Music
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 4:00 pm October 13, 2017
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
The Assistant Director of Music shall seek to fulfill the mission and vision of Hope Church. This includes being a strong contributing member of the Worship Team with an emphasis on growing the Worship Life of the congregation. This individual must see this position as a ministry to and with the staff of Hope Church and to all the people served by Hope.
This staff person will be primarily accountable to the Director of Music and will report to him or her on a regular basis. He/she will be expected to be a team player and a good communicator with all employees, ministry leaders, volunteers and the various boards and committees of Hope Church.
- Skilled pianist.
- Vocal training and conducting abilities preferred.
- Must possess an appreciation and aptitude in both traditional and contemporary Christian music.
- Able to disciple others and reproduce oneself in others.
- A self-starter with strong initiative and work ethics.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and discretion in performing, planning, prioritizing, and organizing their workload.
- Excellent delegation skills.
- Maintain a professional and positive outlook.
- Excellent time-management and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities at the same time.
- Communications, reinforcement, feedback and responses must be positive, clear, friendly and helpful.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work independently or in a team to carry out assignments to completion.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Support the mission, vision, and philosophy of ministry of the congregation.
- Work with the Worship Leadership Team in planning services of worship including both traditional and contemporary formats.
- Responsible for vocal team coaching including preparation, rehearsals, discipleship, team-building and growth, with evaluation and constructive feedback to enhance their leadership in engaging and leading the congregation in worship.
- Responsible for helping to select, recruit and develop team members so as to multiply ministry.
- Lead and accompany weekend, mid-week and festival Worship services on as scheduled by the Director of Music; routinely one to two weekends a month.
- Work with the Worship Support Coordinator and other staff to communicate with vocal teams.
- Meet regularly as a part of the Worship Leadership Team to discuss all upcoming events and any special needs.
- Be involved in strategic ministry discussions with regard to their impact on Worship Ministries. This includes the discussion with Long Range Planning, development of additional Worship services and multi-site planning.
- Must be an encourager of those who serve in Worship ministries.
- Be innovative and creative in his/her approach to Worship ministries.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity and hand-eye-foot coordination to perform all essential duties. Work requires sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, turning, reaching, balancing, and climbing stairs. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects or materials.